My Ebooks:

My Ebooks:
A thoughtful blend of original ‪‎photography‬, ‪haiku‬ and ‪calligraphy‬; a cathartic journey upon fluid images and simple words.

26 Nov 2009

Prices & Awards

It was almost 2 weeks ago when, come back from my coffee hopping afternoon dedicated to menu developing, I found this tweet from my friend Jamie (lifesafeast): “@mowielicious @RecipeTaster @sippitysup @glamah @DailySpud @MeetaWFLH Hop over to my blog to collect your awards!”.
On doing as directed, I found this.
She has been awarded with the “Over the Top Award” ribbon by Connie at W Va Fur and Root and Simone of Junglefrog Cooking and she decided to pass it down to some friends:
• Mowie of Mowielicious
• Meeta of What’s For Lunch Honey?
• Her Royal Spudness of The Daily Spud
• Greg of Sippity Sup
• Courtney aka Glamah of Coco Cooks
• and me
I was pretty excited at the news, it is the first award my blog receives and coming from a competent friend like Jamie feels like receiving a gold medal with the national anthem playing in the background!

With the medal, came also a short hand written list of questions to answer succinctly in one word; that is fun! Here they are:
1. Where is your cell phone? Pocket
2. Your hair? Curly
3. Your mother? Supporting
4. Your father? Complaining
5. Your favorite food? Sicilian
6. Your dream last night? XXX
7. Your favorite drink? Coffee
8. Your dream/goal? Recipe developer
9. What room are you in? Living Room
10. Your hobby? Designing
11. Your fear? Voids
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Paris
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something you aren’t? Irascible
15. Muffins? Spiced
16. Wish list item? Chef Knife
17. Where did you grow up? Sicily
18. Last thing you did? Sip my coffee
19. What are you wearing? Spring clothes
20. Your TV? Didactical Cooking Shows
21. Your pets? My friends
22. Friends? My pets
23. Your life? Messy
24. Your mood? Happy
25. Missing someone? Mom
26. Vehicle? Feet
27. Something you’re not wearing? Bra
28. Your favorite store? Gourmet Bookstore
29.Your favorite color? Burgundy
30. When was the last time you laughed? Yesterday
31. Last time you cried? Few weeks ago (watching UP)
32. Your best friend? Many
33. One place you go to over and over again? First Flush TeaRoom
34. One person who e-mails you regularly? Rita
35. Favorite place to eat? Home

I am very glad to have decided to have joined Twitter and so to have met such wonderful friends. We are even meeting up in London this weekend, so much looking forward to it! They are incredibly inspirational and supporting. It is nice to have such an audience helping you growing with their comments and suggestions.
Since we are talking about awards, on my last trip to Paris I finally managed to fetch the prize I was awarded at the 4th edition of the Rencontres Science Art et Cuisine (http://www.sciencesetgastronomie.com/concours/4-modernitetradition.htm) past April (read my previous post on it http://recipetaster.blogspot.com/2009/04/and-winner-is.html).
I was told that I got as prize a whipped cream canister but when there Mme Renaudine gave me also a nice red box bearing the “Kitchen-Aid” logo on it.

It was a set of 6 kitchen utensils featuring a can opener, a whisk, a spatula, vegetable peeler, fine grater and an ice cream scoop each of them in a nice dark red (as my kitchen walls). Aren’t they nice??


So much for “concrete” prizes, I still cannot get enough appreciations and smiles from the guests attending my dinners. Those really charge you up!

5 comments:

  1. good luck Alessio, i hope to see you someday in Paris (there's more incentive to go to Paris than Bonn...) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun at the meet up and congrats on the awards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh, yes, I guess I am the one writing you daily though these days I was slacking behind due to heavy workload... Will make up from tomorrow onwards in London and be on your toes 24/7 or so! Loved this blog entry and especially your answers. They so describe my dear dear Ale. Love you, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Alessio
    Lovely to meet you on Saturday & chat over dinner! Those of us in London really should get together more often. Also - just had a "six degrees of separation" moment: You passed this meme on to Glamah... and she passed it on to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jeanne: The world is definitely small ;-)

    ReplyDelete